Alaya Legal’s competition law practice services clients across various business and industry sectors. The firm provides cutting-edge assistance to its clients by combining their sectoral expertise and providing the solutions for the competition law issues including cartels and anti-competitive agreements, bid-rigging, abuse of dominance and monopolization, vertical restraints and pricing disputes, unfair trade practices, price discrimination, intellectual property, combination filings, and compliance/policy programs.
With our forward-thinking and business-centric approach the firm also assists clients with any disputes arising from the issues. The Firm has represented clients in various foras in India in relation to disputes relating to Competition Law including the Competition Commission of India, the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, and various High Courts. The Firm is backed by a broad knowledge base and ensures to keep up with all legal, regulatory, and commercial changes and developments not only in India but also in other countries. The Firm uses this knowledge base to offer several strategies that are most suited for the Indian market.
- Preparation and assistance in the implementation of Competition Compliance Program
- Review of documents from the Competition Law aspect
- Advisory at policy-making stage
- Handling Investigations
- Handling CCI applications
- Developing comprehensive antitrust policies.
- Advising clients on market structures, agreements, and abusive practices.
- Conducting legal audits and review of documents, non-compete agreements, non-disclosure agreements, definitive agreements, franchise agreements, term sheets, and employment agreements to identify potential antitrust issues.
- Drafting and representation before The Competition Commission of India, Appellate Tribunal, the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, and various high courts.
- Litigation support in relation to cartels, anti-competitive agreements, bid-rigging, abuse of dominance, monopolization, and discriminatory and unfair trade practices.