Your vision and passion can make things happen
Alaya Legal (formerly, DSA Partners) is a law office founded in 2003, in New Delhi, India. Divjyot Singh and Suniti Kaur, both alumni of the National Law School of India University, Bangalore, India, a husband- wife team are the founding partners of the practice.
The firm has had the opportunity of handling diverse assignments in several sectors and over the years has built itself a boutique practice in select areas, including Energy & Petrochemicals. It is rated as one of the best boutique law firms in Delhi.
A dedicated and motivated team of around fifteen lawyers, aided by consultants, domain specific advisors, and para-legals allow a multi-disciplinary and comprehensive approach at Alaya Legal. The firm handles niche arbitrations and is well known in the industry as an ‘arbitration law firm’.
We are focused towards building and sustaining a niche clientele.
A simple and practical approach has kept the firm in good stead. In-depth research and ability to think without confines helps us offer innovative legal solutions.
Precise, timely and solution-oriented legal advice is what we deliver.
We follow the continuing legal education method, and endeavor at all times to render legal services in a comprehensive manner – from inception to implementation.
Partner level attention is given to every matter.
Mr Divjyot Singh
▪ Graduated with a BA (LLB) Hons degree from The National Law School of India University, Bangalore, India and admitted to the bar in 1995.
▪ Litigation and commercial arbitration – domestic and international under the UNCITRAL Model Law and Rules.
▪ Worked closely with counsels in foreign jurisdictions, including, the Republic of Singapore and certain states in the United States of America.
▪ Associated closely with the Information Technology Sector, arbitration in the Oil and Gas Sector, employment laws (particularly employer-employee relationship management) and Infrastructure Sector.
▪ Diverse fora, including the High Court, Competition Commission, Competition Appellate Tribunal, Consumer fora, Debt Recover Tribunal and Debt Recovery Appellate Tribunal and various Regulatory Boards.
▪ Known for settling disputes at the pre-litigation stage and even when the matter is well entrenched into litigation process.
Divjyot may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms Suniti Kaur
▪ Graduated with a BA (LLB) Hons degree in the year 1995 from The National Law School of India University, Bangalore, India.
▪ Corporate and commercial laws.
▪ Foreign direct investment, joint ventures and acquisitions, corporate & capital restructuring and corporate advisory.
▪ Closely associated with the Oil & Gas Sector, Renewable Energy Sector, Privacy & Data Protection.
▪ Extensive experience in drafting, negotiating and finalizing commercial contracts, particularly with respect to core domain related arrangements.
Suniti may be reached at email@example.com
Mr Divjyot Singh is a graduate holding BA (LLB) Hons degree, from The National Law of India University, Bangalore, India. He was admitted to the bar in 1995, and started his career as a trial court lawyer. Divjyot has over the last several years handled litigation and arbitration in diverse areas including, energy, engineering construction, real estate and information technology. He is also known for his acute insight into legal and commercial risk assessment and he regularly advises clients on risk mitigation measures.
Ms Suniti Kaur is a graduate holding BA (LLB) Hons degree from The National Law of India University, Bangalore, India. She was admitted to the bar in 1996. She has extensive experience in the area of Foreign direct investment, joint ventures and acquisitions, corporate & capital restructuring, and corporate advisory. She is closely associated with the Oil and Gas, and Renewable Energy Sectors and has indepth experience in drafting, negotiating and finalizing commercial contracts, particularly with respect to core domain related arrangements.
Our team comprises in-house full-time lawyers, associate counsels, part-time lawyers, para-legal and consultants. Our in-house team members are lawyers who have the core competence to handle transactions and on need-based basis draw upon resources from the pool of associate counsels, part-time lawyers and consultants.
Most of the Alaya Legal team members are experienced in multiple practice areas, which enables lateral thinking.
The firm enjoys good working relationships with its associate counsels. We have had long-standing relationships with most of our associate counsels.
Part-time lawyers associated with Alaya Legal are mostly alumni of Alaya Legal. Para-legal comprise the interns. Our sector specific consultants are senior former employees of business houses, who lend their experience on a case-by-case basis.
HAVE YOU FOUND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?